Fusion-io is excited to be heading to Microsoft TechEdnext week, where we’ll be showing off virtualization solutions in booth #135. The optimal virtual system has the right pieces to make a proper whole—hardware with resources tuned to the unique demands of virtual environments and software that allocates the right resources to virtual machines at the right time.
The TechEd 2012 labs demonstrates just how powerful such a system can be, with a live system that supports the following:
- Performance to support over 300 concurrent lab users running disparate workloads, including full System Center 2012 environments, complex SQL Server 2012 scenarios, SharePoint environments, and others
- Virtual environments comprised of 1-10 virtual machines using 2 -24GB of RAM
- Exceptional virtual environment performance for with host systems via a VirtualSystem free of processor, disk, and memory bottlenecks
All this from a 1-rack, 16-blade HP VirtualSystem for Microsoft, each with two Fusion Powered HP IO Accelerators added as an option.
Purpose-built HP VirtualSystem Hardware
HP VirtualSystem simplifies and extends HP Converged Infrastructure into optimized solutions for Microsoft Hyper-V-based server virtualization, delivering a complete, high-performance virtualized environment with pre-tuned server, storage, networking, and systems management, ideal for cloud deployments. HP VirtualSystem delivers agile and efficient virtualized application solutions that do the following:
- Eliminate performance bottlenecks with a balanced architecture optimized for virtualized application environments
- Simplify management, deployment and security across physical and virtual environments
- Provide the foundation for a private cloud with simplified upgrade to HP CloudSystem
Fusion Powered I/O Acceleration
Virtualization introduces an abstraction layer that makes even sequential I/O random. HP IO Accelerators, based on Fusion’s industry-leading ioMemory technology, eliminate this I/O bottleneck to fully utilize server CPUs, unleashing virtualization’s true potential. HP IO Accelerator benefits to virtual environments include the following:
- Increased virtual machine density and performance
- Enable simple, elegant, and cost-effective virtual environments
- More efficient use of infrastructure investment and utilization
- Reduction in infrastructure complexity, cost, and risk
Industry-leading Virtualization Software
Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 provides a dynamic, reliable, and scalable virtualization platform combined with a single set of integrated management tools to manage both physical and virtual resources, enabling you to create an agile and dynamic data center with the following:
- Dynamic Memory to better utilize memory resources
- Server consolidation to reduce costs while retaining competitive advantage
- Business continuity, with features such as live backup and quick migration that help meet stringent uptime and response metrics
- Disaster recovery, with geographically dispersed clustering capabilities
- Testing and Development, with a self-contained environment that accurately approximates the operation of physical servers and clients
- Dynamic Datacenter, with features to create a dynamic IT environment that uses virtualization to not only respond to problems, but also to anticipate increased demands
- Desktop Deployment Options that expand Session Virtualization from delivering session-based desktops and applications to also enabling the delivery of virtual desktops in a virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI).
Hyper-V is also a strong foundation to build highly flexible, scalable Microsoft SharePoint, Exchange and SQL Server solutions. The added HP IO Accelerators highlight the advantages of using flash memory for accelerating associated Hyper-V performance and scaling virtualized environments.
Want to Learn More
Contact C24 at www.c24.co.uk
- Why Your Business Should Consider Virtual Desktops (pctechmojo.com)