Trust that Everything Will Work Well Together
•What priority will the service provider give my business if their other customers are hit by a data crisis at the same time e.g. a massive virus attack?
• Do they demonstrate a high level of discipline when it comes to data protection e.g. do they support and encourage disaster Recovery Drills?
How personal is their service?
- Too big to care about my company during a crisis?
- Too small to respond quickly during a crisis?
- Does the service provider care enough to appraise my existing operations and hardware as part of an overall data protection plan?
Does the vendor consider the bandwidth limitations of my ISP? Does the service provider understand my business?
• The needs of my business and how the solution must address those needs both currently and in the future.
Does the service provider fully understand:
- The backup and recovery challenges I am now experiencing?
- My current data volumes and growth?
- Operating systems I currently run and how this may change in the future?
- My Recovery Time Objectives?
- My Recovery Point Objectives?
- My IT staffing and competence levels?
- How they can help me lower my operational and management costs?
•Is the vendor transparent about everything?
•Will they provide contacts so I can ask questions of their existing customers?
•Have any of their customers ever com¬plained about hidden fees or surprise charges?
•Will they allow me to see the platform storage facility and its security?
If I have customers that are dependent on my system security, will the vendor also allow them to see the platform storage facility and its security?
•My computer has been stolen. Will they and can they provide a loaner until I can replace mine?